Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Hot Chocolate used to be my guilty pleasure in winter, now I don't have to feel guilty anymore.

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Hot Chocolate used to be my guilty pleasure in winter, now I don't have to feel guilty anymore.

I LOVE hot drinks, but I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, which means for years I've been drinking hot chocolate in winter to give me that nice warm feeling in the morning or on a cold night when I'm up late. My go-to drink has always been 250ml full cream milk (158cal), a few heaped spoons of milo powder (100-110cal) and, I'm ashamed to admit this, but a tablespoon of nutella (100 calories). That's a whopping 363 calories in just one drink that I could easily finish in 2 minutes.

As we go into winter (Australia) I was worried that I might slip into my old habits, until I started finding articles about how there are some delicious and rich low calorie hot chocolate powders that exist, which I'd been completely ignoring my whole life. I also discovered just how many calories a glass of full cream milk can contain, so I made the switch to almond milk, and I have to say, the outcome has been really, really satisfying.

Combining 250ml of Almond Milk (40cal) with a sachet of Jarrah Hot Chocolate powder (47cal) creates hot chocolate that is honestly just as tasty but with less than 1/4 of the calories. I know there are probably even healthier options out there, but I'm calling that a win in my books, and I can now enjoy a hot chocolate on a cold day without having to worry about drinking almost a full meal worth of calories.

Anyone else got some helpful hot drink hacks for those of us in the southern hemisphere?

submitted by /u/cekmysnek
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nmn1kr/hot_chocolate_used_to_be_my_guilty_pleasure_in/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...