Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I maintained my weight during a 2 week visit from family!

Sunday, May 30, 2021

I maintained my weight during a 2 week visit from family!

31F 5'2" SW 165 CW 139 GW 135

I did keto for about 4 months, and after reaching my first goal weight I transitioned back into carbs about a week before we had a 2 week visit from family (SIL and her husband). I knew we'd have a lot family meals including lots of carbs (and alcohol) and I wanted to enjoy myself, but was also scared about ruining all my progress. My last weigh in before their trip I was 139.7. A week into their trip, I was 139.7. They left yesterday, and today I weighed 139.7! This is a big milestone for me. I typically tend to go all or nothing with my eating habits. While I definitely watched what I ate and modified portions/macros/timings of other meals to fit around their schedule and what I knew would be on the menu, I did indulge with sweets, alcohol, and more carbs than I've eaten this year. However, I also exercised a lot (indoor cycling and strength training), which I think was key for not gaining weight during this time. I always see that diet is for losing weight, exercise is for maintaining. This makes me feel hopeful - if I can maintain weight loss around a lot of temptation, I should be able to do it long term as well!

submitted by /u/weird_weekend
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nou8o9/i_maintained_my_weight_during_a_2_week_visit_from/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...