Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Kind of don't like my body after getting pretty fit?

Friday, May 28, 2021

Kind of don't like my body after getting pretty fit?

I realize this might sound like a humblebrag and that's not how I mean it at all. I'm a 6'1 woman and after going from +238 to 170 a couple years ago and maintaining within 10-15 lbs, I made a bit of an effort to lose some in the last few months because I could tell I was getting squishier. I didn't weigh myself but I'd estimate I was around 190.

So through a combination of career stress, pandemic stress, depression, anxiety, and a bit of willpower, I've now dropped to ONE POUND AWAY from my all-time GW of 160 (I stopped last time at 170 because I was burned out after losing ~70lbs in 6 months). I know exactly what I need to do to lose and I had a fucked up appetite anyway so the weight just fell off the past couple months.

I also exercise a lot and added strength training to my already well-established cardio. I know I've definitely put on a bit of muscle, while also losing 20-30lbs of fat.

I saw myself in a mirror today while doing a home workout (shirtless lol) and tbh????? I look GOOD. Idk what my body fat % is and I'm still 22lbs from being underweight for my height (I do not plan on getting there), but I have defined collarbones, muscle tone in my arms and legs, clear upper abs, and would probably have lower abs too if not for some loose skin from last time. I can crush 3x20 full push-ups no problem. I look lean and strong.

I like how I look but honestly, I don't really like the way my body physically feels to the touch. Turns out I don't actually like being able to feel my ribs and spine so clearly. When I'm in the shower or putting on clothes and feel how sharp my hip bones are and how FLAT MY ASS IS, it freaks me out a bit. Internally/energy-wise I feel fine, I don't feel weak or sick or anything. I just feel sort of alarmed when I notice a new crevice in my wrist or muscle I couldn't feel before.

I'm genetically predisposed to look like a beanpole so I know that gaining 10lbs will go everywhere first except my hips or butt.

Idk, has anyone experienced not really liking the feeling of your body after changing it? Did you just get used to it eventually or did you try to gain a bit back? I'm not like a skeleton but I'm a lot thinner than I'm used to and idk if I should wait it out or what.

submitted by /u/actual-catlady
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nndtls/kind_of_dont_like_my_body_after_getting_pretty_fit/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...