Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to stop comparing to your past self???

Thursday, May 27, 2021

How to stop comparing to your past self???

Everyone talks about the importance of not comparing to others during your weight loss journey, but what about your younger self? I used to be super skinny in high school and upon starting college (95 lbs for 5’3” female), back when I used to run XC and track. Being tiny (and an athlete) was part of my identity. Fast forward several years - I had to quite running due to health issues (prolonged amenorrhea, hypothyroidism) and waiting to focus on school. Now my hormones are finally getting where they should be, and you body looks more feminine, but I’m 25 lbs heavier and hating how I look. I swapped restrictive eating for compulsive eating and am no longer an athlete. I want to diet and exercise but find it very hard to be motivated. Part of it is stress, but I find myself constantly comparing to the past me—the smaller, thinner, prettier (in my mind) version of myself. I know the choices I made were ultimately best for my health, but I wish I could return to the old bad habits instead of the new ones I’ve developed because at least before I was skinny... Ugh it sucks. Anybody else ever experienced this feeling? How do you get back from that and find the motivation to be healthy/lose weight without the comparison or self-loathing? Been dealing with this for a while, so it feels pretty good to just share my story a little.

submitted by /u/COborngirl
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nmn662/how_to_stop_comparing_to_your_past_self/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...