Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Finally understanding what “lifestyle change” means

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Finally understanding what “lifestyle change” means

So I’m sure that we all know that losing weight and keeping it off requires more than a few months of dieting and exercising, it requires that you shift your lifestyle to one that reflects how a person at a healthy weight would live, and that you adopt this lifestyle for, well, the rest of your life. I’ve always heard this, but I honestly don’t think I’ve understood what exactly a “lifestyle change” was until now.

A few years ago I traveled to Shanghai with some friends. The Shanghai subway system is pretty huge, and the subway stations are underground labyrinths with insanely long escalators. One of my friends would always take the stairs instead of the escalator, and I never understood why. I never understood why someone would choose to exert themself in 90 degree heat when a much more comfortable option was right there. It didn’t make sense to me. It honestly seemed foolish to me.

Actions like this never made sense to me, until today. This morning I drove to Walmart to pick up some groceries. Typically, I spend 5-10 minutes cruising through the parking lot to find the closest, most convenient parking spots. Given there are always empty spots in the far end of the lot, I would still wait around in my car for a convenient spot to open up. Today, I pulled into the furthest spot, and I spent the 5 minutes I would usually spend searching for a “good” spot to simply walk into the store.

And that’s when it hit me. This is what a lifestyle change is. Making simple choices every day— taking the stairs, walking to work, sharing your treats when you indulge—is sometimes what determines whether you are at a normal weight or overweight.

submitted by /u/Competitive_Lab2735
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mxya0p/finally_understanding_what_lifestyle_change_means/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...