Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight gain after heavy antibiotics?

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Weight gain after heavy antibiotics?

Has anyone been able to tie their weight gain/inability to lose weight to the use of heavy antibiotics? I was 190 pounds last March. I got up to 198 the next several months, which was no surprise because I sat on my ass and ate and drank whatever I wanted when quarantine started. I was 200 lbs mid September, and tbh I was okay with it. 10 pounds during all of that felt expected and easily reversible.

Then in mid September I got a MRSA infection, that took several rounds of heavy duty antibiotics, I was on antibiotics for a month. I remember noticing things were tighter and my always present but hidable belly ballooned like I have never experienced. So much so it was tough to bend over to tie my shoes and many other things, like shaving my legs or bikini line. It also limited the sex positions I was comfortable with, and it all seemed to happen SO FAST. By January I was 215 and by the April I was 230.

Also in the beginning of April I had a major pain issue that ended me up in the hospital. Long story short, I have some autoimmune and arthritis type stuff going on, and it brought to light that I have ankylosing spondylitis. After that, many of my health conditions over the last 2 years started to make sense, including horrible colitis. But not the weight gain. As I have been reading and learning, I see there is a lot of research about antibiotics and weight gain, and at 38 I had never even heard of that before.

It just all lines up so perfectly, and explains why I seem to be gaining even when I am super strict. Anyone else experienced this? I see one treatment is a fecal transplant, but I’m wondering about other treatments, and basically anything anyone can tell me about it.

submitted by /u/redhead701
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/n1isxh/weight_gain_after_heavy_antibiotics/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...