Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Saw an old picture of me exactly 1 year ago and am still shocked at the difference

Friday, April 2, 2021

Saw an old picture of me exactly 1 year ago and am still shocked at the difference

March 2020 vs. March 2021

Like many others, I suffer from body dysmorphia and struggle to see any real physical changes in my body despite losing 60 lbs. I’m swimming in my old clothes and I’ve gone down several sizes, but it still hasn’t really clicked in my brain yet. I wasn’t really aware of just how different I looked until Snapchat randomly popped up a “memory” of me from a year ago.

I remember taking the picture on the left and twisting and angling my body all sorts of ways to look smaller (which you can tell by how my feet is awkwardly placed lol). On the right is my natural standing pose, taken the other day while I was out shopping.

I didn’t start trying to lose weight until July though, when my PCOS symptoms got worse and I started having insulin sensitivity. I knew that if I didn’t change my habits, my health would suffer the consequences in the future.

I’m now 60 lbs down and while it’s not as much as others have lost during my timeframe, it’s a lot closer to my goal than I was a year ago. I just took a maintenance break this past month (and actually maintained!) and am back to eating in a deficit starting April. I’m still overweight and 20 lbs away from a “normal BMI” so I’m definitely not done yet :)

Big thanks to this sub. I found a lot of motivation, support, and encouragement from you all.

submitted by /u/saintguccibby
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mj047v/saw_an_old_picture_of_me_exactly_1_year_ago_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...