Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I haven't even gotten my foot in the door, and I'm already frustrated. Is getting started really supposed to be some sort of huge mathematical equation?

Saturday, April 3, 2021

I haven't even gotten my foot in the door, and I'm already frustrated. Is getting started really supposed to be some sort of huge mathematical equation?

I'm 30 years old, and 235 right now. I've wanted to get started losing weight, but I've noticed the one thing that's seriously been stopping me hasn't been what people mostly struggle with. For me, it's complete confusion as to the numbers, what they mean, and what I truly need so my body doesn't go into some sort of shutdown because I didn't do the math right (And by god, am I terrible at math.)

It doesn't help that the internet is chock-full of overwhelming options, and frequently conflicting details, but all this talk of calculations has me utterly confused.

My first thought was to look up a TDEE calculator, but I can't seem to make any sense of the numbers. I'm using TDEECalculator.net, and it says my calories for my body (30 y/o, 235lbs, 5'10", Sedentary lifestyle) is 2,439, but I don't see any information as to what I should 'really be taking in' to create a deficit.

To complicate matters even further, MyFitnessPal throws a whole different set of numbers at me. MyFitnessPal says I should be eating around 1,510 calories, and even the Macro numbers are completely off as well.

TDEECalc says I should be having the following for Macros: Macros

However, MFP shows me completely different numbers for my goal. Even setting the numbers to the percentages that TDEECalc uses, I get a completely different set of numbers on MFP.

I really want to lose weight, and feel healthy again, but it's really hard to get started without knowing what my 'real' goals are. It's like I'm going into this, without really knowing what I'm supposed to be shooting for.

I'm really upset at myself for getting angry about this, but I didn't know getting started would be so ridiculously complex and confusing.

submitted by /u/Ebonlocke
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mjky4w/i_havent_even_gotten_my_foot_in_the_door_and_im/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...