Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: ELI5 cal/Kcal/KJ?

Saturday, April 3, 2021

ELI5 cal/Kcal/KJ?

Can someone help me understand calories and kilocalories and kilojoules? I've googled it, but I'm just not getting it. It's saying Kcal and cal are the same thing, but I what a K stands for, and I see people using kcal and others using cal, and I'm just a little lost here.

And what in heaven's name is a kilojoule? I thought joule was a unit for electricity... The article I just read said it was the metric measurement of calories, but isn't calorie already a metric measure? I was taught a calorie was the amount of energy needed to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree centigrade, which sounds pretty metric to me...

Am I the only one who's having trouble with this? :/

submitted by /u/dumbquestions91
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mj3be3/eli5_calkcalkj/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...