Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Ate more than usual for a week and lost weight - not sure what happened?

Friday, April 2, 2021

Ate more than usual for a week and lost weight - not sure what happened?

Hi, it won't let me add a flair but I am looking for any advice as I am a bit confused.

I am 26F, 5'4", SW 90 kg. I have been losing weight for a while, sticking within my calorie limit, a few hundred calories below my TDEE. Never sure if the TDEE is accurate as different sites give different answers, so thought I'd go under to play it safe.

But I had hit a kind of plateau - for a few weeks I should have been losing weight according to CICO but I wasn't. I thought it was water retention or something, but after a few weeks of drinking a lot of water I still hadn't lost weight. I was stuck at 80kg, and would go above that if I had drunk lots of water. I normally always weight myself in the morning straight after I use the bathroom, before I drink water. But I tried weighing at different times of day to see if I spotted anything strange.

Then last week, because of life events (birthdays, feeling sad so treating myself) I ate around 500-600 calories more per day than I have been. I still counted them all up, but I accepted I wasn't going to lose weight because I was definitely going over the TDEE.

I also did less exercise than I normally do, couldn't go on my walks or do my cardio (because of the same life events). I tried not to stress, because the journey had stalled a bit but wasn't over. My sleep was still all over the place, but it has been for years.

But I weighed myself today and I am 78.5kg! This was after drinking a load of water in the evening and not using the bathroom that day (TMI I know) as well. I was so shocked I used my brother's scales as well, to double check the measurement was correct. I also moved my own scales around, as I can sometimes get slightly different measurements because some of our floors slope, but all measurements were 78.5 or lower.

I'm happy but so confused. How can I have lost weight? I have eaten more carbs in the past week than I have in ages, and an unhealthy amount of salt - way over the RDA every day. I thought I would have major water retention. What is even going on with my body?

submitted by /u/penpineapplepe
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mixsq8/ate_more_than_usual_for_a_week_and_lost_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...