Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Refried Beans are AMAZING for staying satiated

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Refried Beans are AMAZING for staying satiated

I'm currently on a budget of about 1350 calories a day. This is HARD. My body usually gravitates towards eating 2200-2500 calories a day, if not more.

Whenever I try to CICO, I usually fail because I'm constantly in a state of hunger. I hate vegetables, but even if I try to pack them in, it doesn't usually help or satiate me.

Enter, refried beans (without a ton of oil, just 2 Tablespoons for a pound of boiled beans). I make a huge pot* and I have enough to make just two quesadillas a day for about a work week - and I'm a happy camper and am not starving. The tortillas also let me get in the carbs I crave without it turning into a carb binge. It also gives me room to have 1-2 squares of dark chocolate.

You can dress up the quesadilla however you want:

- with sour cream (I use Silk's coconut-based yogurt) and fresh cut green onions

- with shredded cheese (I use vegan Parmela Cheddar shreds)

- plain, with salsa and/or pickled jalapenos

*It is so cheap and healthy to make your own refried beans from dried beans as well. I had never tried it until recently because it seemed daunting, but it's so worth it! I pretty much follow this recipe, although instead of onions and a bay leaf, I use sliced shallots and garlic, and mash them into the beans after cooking, and 2T of oil instead of a quarter cup. To season, I use a variety of spices, lime juice, and cilantro. SO GOOD. Black beans work too. If anyone else has some good refried bean recipes, please share below!

submitted by /u/violet-in-the-sky
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lcb10b/refried_beans_are_amazing_for_staying_satiated/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...