Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How can I count my calories without falling back into unhealthy eating habits?

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

How can I count my calories without falling back into unhealthy eating habits?

TW: eating disorder

Hi! I'm new to reddit (I finally looked into it to understand all the WSB stuff) and found this page which I think might be useful for my question. I checked the FAQ as well as the Daily Q&A's and couldn't find anything that answers my question.

Growing up I had a very unhealthy perspective of food. My grandma was very into telling me how fat I was and I was very obsessed with my self image. This all ended in high school when I started doing essentially an all smoothie diet to keep thin, and realized I was developing/in the midst of an issue.

Ever since I quit the gym and dieting all together. But now I am mentally in a better place and have gained an amount of weight that has made me unhealthy. My partner and I have both decided to go on diets and workout daily, and for about 2 weeks we have kept that promise.

One issue I am encountering while dieting is calorie counting. I can already feel that obsession with what I'm eating creeping back, feeling let down by myself even if I go 10 over my restriction limit, etc. I can feel myself becoming more vulnerable to thoughts I used to have about myself and the way I treated food.

Before this I was into intuitive eating, however I just found that didn't work for me. My body always just wanted more chocolate and more food. But now restriction is becoming a problem.

Does anyone have any advice on how to not become so obsessed with food while also tracking the calories I eat?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

submitted by /u/Excellent_Gain_6001
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lbetzs/how_can_i_count_my_calories_without_falling_back/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...