Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I just accepted that my husband isnt at the same place I am with weight loss

Friday, November 29, 2019

I just accepted that my husband isnt at the same place I am with weight loss

I've really been dedicating myself over the past couple weeks to counting calories and being conscious about food. Took the day off for Thanksgiving to just enjoy, but it actually ended up bringing my estimated daily calories to 1500 which isnt bad at all! (Cutting is 1200, 5 foot sedentary F).

This morning I had cereal with milk and measured it while he had thanksgiving leftovers. I was eyeing the Tim Tams on the table and he encouraged me to have one to ease my way out of thanksgiving, and I ate it because hey, I can definitely fit that in. Went through the day eating normally, and then we went out. There was a special release at a brewery near me and we stopped in. I didnt really realize it at the time, should have been paying attention, but I drank about 20 oz of dark beer from all the tastings. We started talking about dinner and he asked how many calories I had left and I estimated around 500 but gestures at beer should probably go home and eat something light.

He waved his hand and said dont worry about the beer, it doesn't count.

Well....it does. It really, really does. Went out to dinner, came home, and I'm drafting a gentle rule list for myself to keep myself accountable because he just isnt in the same place mentally that I am.

I do not have to eat the same meals as him and can make myself something different in my calorie goal.

Since dinner seems to be the culprit of sending me skyrocketing, if we go out, appetizer or salad as a general rule.

No alcohol, unless my cheat day at the end of the week has room to account for that.

Since healthy snacks throughout the day are what my body seems to enjoy, I'll keep the house stocked with them and send him to work with a "regular" lunch.

I don't have to eat if I am not hungry when he is and I dont have to eat as much. I need to listen to my body and my caloric needs rather than feel that I should be following his lead.

Pausing to say, this is completely reflective of my unhealthy relationship with food, not on our relationship. I'm bringing it up with my therapist and all that good stuff.

I also came up with a fun game to make calorie counting a little more fun. At the start of the day, I get 12 buttons, each representing 100 calories. When I eat 100 calories, button goes away. If I exercise and burn 100 calories, button comes back. At the end of the day, leftover buttons go into a "cheat" jar that I can dip into on cheat day to see what I have achieved that week and make a wiser decision about what I'm going to splurge on. I think the visual is really going to feel rewarding and encourage me to be more active to earn those buttons back!

submitted by /u/littlehummingbird91
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/e3ptyn/i_just_accepted_that_my_husband_isnt_at_the_same/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...