Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Moderation as a learned behavior or skill

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Moderation as a learned behavior or skill

I'm sure that most everybody here has heard someone say "you can eat whatever you want, so long as its within moderation", which in my experience in my weight loss journey, I have been able to eat my favorite foods in moderation and lose weight because of it. However on the flipside, I have also heard it said that the "everything in moderation" argument is a very dangerous argument and is non-conducive if not flat-out prohibitive of weight loss.

While I don't agree that "everything in moderation" is prohibitive of weight loss or health in general, I also understand that with those who suffer from BED/food addiction, it can be a very dangerous and/or triggering statement that can lead to binges or relapses.

Which is why I wonder, can moderation be a learned behavior for someone struggling with their weight? In my experience, I've noticed that if I'm making sure that I log everything I eat into either Lose It or the Fitbit app, I start eating less or making different food choices or increasing my activity to burn off the extra calories. So in my case, that's how I learned to eat things in moderation, especially foods that aren't very healthy for you that I love.

submitted by /u/xboxfan34
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/e39nj1/moderation_as_a_learned_behavior_or_skill/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...