Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I wish I knew what to say to annoying fat-shaming family members

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

I wish I knew what to say to annoying fat-shaming family members

It’s a tradition in my family that we always have Chicago-style deep dish pizza the day before Thanksgiving for dinner. I put in the calories in MyFitnessPal and refrained from snacking all day in order to be able to eat two slices of deep dish pizza and still be within my calorie goal for the day.

When we were serving up the pizza, because I knew I had allocated two slices for dinner, I put both on my plate. My other family members started with just one, and my brother made a comment about how I was eating two when everyone was eating one.

Everyone ate two or more slices eventually, so it wasn’t like I was pigging our or eating significantly more than everyone else. It made me feel disgusting and gluttonous that I had put two pieces of pizza on my plate all at once.

I’m in therapy now to talk about my relationship with food, but these comments from my family are so frustrating. I feel like I can’t get better in the place where I keep getting sick (metaphorically speaking). I wish people close to me knew these comments are what I spend time discussing in therapy each week. Or I wish I could figure out a way to allow these comments to not bother me.

submitted by /u/moods-
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/e2rsa1/i_wish_i_knew_what_to_say_to_annoying_fatshaming/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...