Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Has anyone gone from being triggered by counting calories to doing it successfully?

Friday, November 29, 2019

Has anyone gone from being triggered by counting calories to doing it successfully?

Background: I have a history of disordered eating (restriction as a teen but then mostly binge eating). I started counting calories young, but it got out of hand and became obsessive. I’ve gotten through most of that, but...

To this day (20 years later, I’m in my 30’s now), I find it very difficult to count calories, or more accurately, to stay under a calorie limit. I’ve downloaded MFP dozens of times, but then deleted it, because I can NOT for the life of me stay within my calorie budget when it’s sitting there in front of me - even setting a very generous one. My TDEE is around 1600-1700 (female, 5’6”, 155 pounds, sedentary, standard office job though I walk to and from work every day and exercise lightly 3 times a week on my short shift days) so I’ve tried setting my limit to 1500, 1600, even 1700 thinking maybe it’s underestimating for me - still go over it.

But for some reason, I don’t have the same reaction to overeat when I’m not facing the calorie limit number. I actually started at 175 pounds earlier this year and have lost about 20, by giving up on the calorie apps and just making better food choices. Ironically, checking food labels and weighing my food to find out individual calories does help! It’s just adding them up as a daily or weekly tally that throws me off.

The thing is, I WANT to count calories. I have been stuck at 155 for 4-5 months now. I am still overweight by BMI, and I still have some shaping up I’d like to do for my appearance, so I really want to lose just those last 10 pounds. I know the drill of CICO. I know it’s effective and would get me where I want to go, if I could just consistently get the math right. It’s just this weird mental psychological block that keeps getting in my way and sabotaging me.

Every time I try to start counting, I start overeating and gaining weight back. When I stop, I go back to eating normally again. Is this completely crazy?? Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do to get over it? Has anyone gone from being unsuccessful to successful with consistently tracking CICO? Please help! Any advice appreciated. I want to join the CICO ranks!

submitted by /u/creativecentipede
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/e3mlo3/has_anyone_gone_from_being_triggered_by_counting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...