Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 80lbs down. Slow and Steady

Saturday, April 3, 2021

80lbs down. Slow and Steady

This time two years ago I tipped the scales at 355lbs. I was heavy, sore, miserable, and my life was starting to be severely affected by my weight. I could barely walk anymore without taking a break every twenty feet or so. I ate horribly. My breakfast was usually three chocolate bars, my lunch was four sandwiches. My dinners were actually healthy because my husband cooked them, but in general, I ate very badly.

Then I got sick. A strange thing that happens to me every couple of years. I just couldn't eat anything except broth and sometimes some plain noodles. Water was all I could drink. I dropped a few pounds and for once I thought... Why stop just because I'm feeling better? I started to work out by myself, and once I'd dropped about thirty pounds I joined a gym and tried out crossfit. It was both amazing and horrible. I couldn't keep up but the instructors always helped me modify the workout. I was usually in pain, but it was pain that was making me stronger, so that was good. I hired a trainer, learned how to use the gym, and then Covid hit and I lost my job. I had to quit.

So I was pretty bummed at first, but at least I had a good base to work with. I downloaded MFP and started to work on my food choices. I'm still not fantastic and believe I have a low key addiction to chocolate, but I eat a lot more veggies now and my lunch is usually soup and things like pickles, beets, and salads. Good stuff. I got a different job that requires a lot of walking and on the weekends my husband and I take the dogs for long walks. The dogs tire out before me now, which is a switch.

I do have some bad days, and I flux up and down a few times before finally dipping down more. Even though my progress is slow, I wanted to tell you all about it because I've been lurking for a long time and this is the first time I wanted to acknowledge how hard I've worked. I weigh in now at 272, and although I have a lot to lose yet, I'm starting to feel like it's a matter of time instead of being an impossible goal.

That's... Um... All I have to say. Thank you for reading, if you got this far. :)

submitted by /u/brown_eyed_frog
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mjmboi/80lbs_down_slow_and_steady/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...