Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Psych Med Weight Gain

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Psych Med Weight Gain

Long time lurker, fist time posting here. Three years ago, I made the decision to start taking a mood stabilizer to manage my mental illness. In a lot of ways, it has been the best decision of my life. My relationship is no longer lopsided, my job is secure, and I was able to care for my mom during the last year of her life; I could not have done it without proper medication. I say all of this to really underline that getting off my meds is a non negotiable for me.

That being said, my weight has skyrocketed. I went from a size 6 to a 14. My face has visibly changed, and I'm embarrassed about how big I've gotten. I feel like I woke up one day and it hit me all at once. I'm honestly not sure where to start, and I'm here to ask anyone who has been in my position where to start. I would get a gym membership but ya know, covid. I've reached out to a couple of dietitians to get some reccomendations on my eating habits and how to correct them. What would you suggest? How to I stop this trajectory of weight gain?

submitted by /u/_assNkitties
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k69gja/psych_med_weight_gain/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...