Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Potato on sticks

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Potato on sticks

39F, type 2 diabetes, long acting insulin. SW 245 cw 212.

I've lost about 30 pounds in the last year or so. I feel really good. I'd like to lose another 15 to 30, depending on what's needed for maintenance, but losing more is on hold right now. Work became really complicated right around Thanksgiving, for Covid-19 reasons, I'm working extra hours, and the gym is closed. It just makes more sense for me right now to mostly be practicing maintenance at least for the next couple weeks.

Anyway, I've dropped several clothing sizes, and while I've lost weight all over I've lost the most in my legs and arms. I am still very thick in the middle. The weight there isn't going away as fast as everywhere else. I carry enough weight around my waist that people routinely think I'm pregnant. It was happening before I lost the weight, and it was one of my main motivations to start losing. I was sick of people asking about the damn baby!

I've been counting calories, focusing on veggies and protein and complex carbs. When I was working out more regularly I was swimming laps, walking, doing some yoga-Ish stuff, stretching, core exercises, a little bit of weights. A pretty good variety a few times a week.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has skinny chopstick legs and a thick potato boy. Have you had any success in becoming less potato-y? What's worked?

submitted by /u/notreallylucy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ko6o2g/potato_on_sticks/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...