Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Cure for Hating Vegetables

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Cure for Hating Vegetables

Hi! I’ve been a longtime lurker, but this is my first time posting. I wish someone would have told me this information years ago so now I want to shout it from the rooftops!

I’ve been dieting on and off for as long as I can remember and my biggest pitfall was always that I hated vegetables too much to actually fill up on them. I’m finding 1200 calories a day fairly easy and definitely sustainable now that I’m actually focused on filling half of my plate with the the healthy stuff.

When I say I hated vegetables, I mean I liked carrots. And that’s it. I tried so hard to like others like green beans and squash, but I genuinely just...didn’t. I’d sometimes make them or order them, but I’d ultimately toss them aside, which left me pretty hungry.

Over the last 30 days, I have literally trained myself to not only tolerate vegetables, but legitimately enjoy them! I got a large capacity air fryer during Black Friday (the Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven—the one that flips), but I think you can probably do most of these techniques in a regular oven.

-MAKE IT CRISPY. It turns out, a lot of veggies, like broccoli, asparagus, and omfg Brussels sprouts are absolutely delicious if you roast them until they’re crispy! An air fryer will be easier for this, but make sure you don’t drown it in oil and season away.

-Seasoning! I really can’t handle spicy food and I kind of thought all food was either spicy...or not. There’s a whole world of flavor out there beyond heat! My favorite blends are from Trader Joe’s and The Spice House, but you can use anything that smells or tastes good to you to dress up your veg.

-Consistency. I think this was the biggest thing for me: I was super consistent for about two weeks of eating at least a full serving of veggies every day, even if I didn’t love them. This forced my body to want them, which has now triggered actual cravings for vegetables!

-Don’t rely on your fallbacks. I still have my beloved carrots, but not too often. And when I do have them, I make sure they’re mixed with something new(er) to me.

-Don’t focus on swaps until you have the foundations down. What I mean is like, hell yeah I like French fries, but cooking butternut squash like French fries did not satisfy me and instead just made me mad at the squash for not being fries. Instead, I’m focusing on enjoying squash for what it is, and then I’ll try fun ways of cooking it, like as fries, down the road.

-GARLIC. That’s it—that’s the tip. Put garlic on it and it will taste better.

I really hope this can help someone because it’s certainly helped me more than any other weight loss truck I’ve ever tried. I used to not be satisfied if I didn’t have a starch during a meal, but now I find Brussels sprouts just as satisfying as potatoes. Let me know what other fun air fryer or vegetable tips you have!!

submitted by /u/Brutn0r
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kni7z3/cure_for_hating_vegetables/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...