Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Losing due to exercise instead of diet

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Losing due to exercise instead of diet

Hi all, happy new year!

I have been on this sub for a while and I thought I was doing well but I haven't lost any weight. I get into deficit for a while and certainly lose water weight but something will happen and I'll eat or drink too much and so I have maintained but not lost. Some of the times my deficit was unhealthy due to stress and so I noticed that I had lost muscle mass, which was a bit alarming. I'm keen to maintain as much muscle as I can since I'm in my early 30s.

I am a bit disheartened by my lack of weight loss, because of how much effort I have put in. I'm trying to console myself by making smaller changes - drinking less and eating more fruit and veg etc. I have a bit of stress in my mind and that is causing some difficulty too, but I always seem to.have stress in my life.

In order to keep my stress levels in check and maintain muscle I have started some resistance training. I quite enjoy it. I know that you can't out run a bad diet and that ultimately my calories in are still too high.

I did realise this morning though that in the past I have lost weight through exercise. I lived in two cities that were flatter and I walked and cycled way more and lost quite a few kilos.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? That it was the exercise rather than diet changes that pushed the needle in terms of helping the weight loss kick off?

I do eat relatively healthily so I'm trying not to get disheartened.

submitted by /u/bitchtosociallyrich
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ko605v/losing_due_to_exercise_instead_of_diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...