Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Formerly obese people, please tell me your success stories (trigger warning: death)

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Formerly obese people, please tell me your success stories (trigger warning: death)

I am 31 year old male, 5'8", 229 pounds, down from 258 in July. Diagnosed with pre-diabetes and fatty liver in October. The fatty liver diagnosis scared me straight in October, and most of my weight loss was from October to now. My first goal is to get down to 200 pounds by June of next year, but the end game is to get down to a healthy weight for my height.

I have this constant fear that I've put too much mileage on my body at this point and tend to think in terms of worst case scenarios, even though I've made healthier changes; no white rice or bread, moderating my carb intake, staying away from processed foods(I still eat deli meat which I'm trying to cut out now). The biggest benefit has been monitoring my daily calorie intake which has helped the weight drop off quite a bit. But I'm still terrified that the damage has been done to my liver from years of neglect and indulgence and I'm going to die young.

For anyone who was in a similar situation to me, would you mind sharing how your life has improved from your weight loss and how things have gotten better? Or share a link to a good place where I can read similar success stories? I think it would help me to hear how positively your life has changed and how much better your quality of life is.

This is my first post on this subreddit and I'm extremely anxious sharing all this, but I'm scared to share these fears with my friends and family so I feel really alone when I think about it. Thanks in advance for any replies, I hope to hear from some of you!

submitted by /u/SlitEastwood
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kmsaso/formerly_obese_people_please_tell_me_your_success/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...