Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Cheat meal, and actually feel awful

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Cheat meal, and actually feel awful

So, since I started on December 4, I've been REALLY good about being mindful of my eating. Down 6 pounds. Figured I'd give myself a cheat meal for my good work.

But.. man. It just didn't taste good. I got absolutely no enjoyment from eating it. It's both depressing AND a really good thing. I was talking to my boyfriend yesterday that I was craving some things, so we got McDonald's today. And...

Well, it was good. But looking at the calories. Looking at how my own home cooked meals make me more full and feel good. It's such a contrast. I think I needed this though. Because it really highlights some things for me:

(1) I don't need to cheat. It makes me feel like shit, and I'm going to eat better for the rest of the day.

(2) If I'm craving fast food, talking about it actually helps me work out that I don't need.

(3) I can also make it at home for far fewer calories, and eating at home will make me feel better in the long run.

I finally hit that wall of food not bringing me pleasure. Food is just now something I need to do to stay alive basically, lol. Like, the fast food didn't even trigger me. Normally it would be if I got it, I'd end up crashing and getting it again and again.

But... I don't want it. I actually don't want it again. I want to eat more salads and healthy foods.

I'm beyond happy and I know I'm going to really stick with this. My relationship with food finally feels like it's on the right track. That I'll be able to have a healthy relationship with food. Being mindful is really helping, and having control back is really helping my mental health.

submitted by /u/guesswhogetshealthy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kmtr7j/cheat_meal_and_actually_feel_awful/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...