Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I am going to get into the best shape of my life. Any tips?

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

I am going to get into the best shape of my life. Any tips?

I am 19 years old and am 5'8. When COVID started I committed to making healthy decisions and did a diet plan and lost 30 pounds over 3 months doing a high protein diet. I went from 213 pounds to 183 pounds. I went off the program in August of 2020 when I went back to college. I live in my sorority house, and unfortunately sorority chef food and drinking on the weekends without working out at all caused me to gain back all 30 pounds. I also got COVID, and since I have been home got it again and I have not really gotten back into my routine.

I turn 20 in June of 2021 and I want (am going) to go into my 20s in the best shape of my life. I am sitting around 205 right now, and want to lose 40 pounds over the course of 20 weeks leading up to my birthday. So 5 months. One thing I have learned is motivation comes and goes, and I am going to need to have discipline in order to achieve my goals. My main goal is going to be to get to 170 pounds or lower by June. This is not going to be easy for me because I am going to be living in the sorority house again and am going to be back in the college environment. Here are some things I am going to do to achieve my goals and stay disciplined:

1) Go to bed at 10 every night except weekends and wake up at 6:30am. On weekends wake up at 9am at the latest in order to maintain a somewhat balanced sleep schedule.

2) I have signed up for 7am spin classes and yoga throughout the week and in order to commit to waking up those mornings I have found other girls living in with me to go to these sessions. I also signed up for 10am spin classes on Saturdays.

3) I will be going to the gym to work on building muscles and resistance training Mon, Wed, and Fri after yoga. All in all, M, Wed, Fri I will be doing Yoga, Weights and some cardio, and Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday only cardio. Sunday will be rest days.

4) I am currently sitting around 205 pounds so I am going to start drinking more water (I drink very little) and aim to drink my 40oz hydro 2-3 times a day and am going to only drink water unless I am mixing a drink, which then I will use half drink, half water and crystal light packets in order to minimize sugar and calories.

5) Cutting out fast food for 6 months

6) Logging my food in a food journal such as MyFitnessPal and eating around 1600 calories a day

7) Log my weight once a week on Mondays and take measurements once a month

8) Limit drinking to once or twice a week

9) I am going to do intermittent fasting 7 days a week where I only eat between the hours of 12-6 everyday. The only exception for that will be pre-workout snack such as banana, etc. only because I dont do well on an empty stomach working out.

My biggest challenge is going to be portion control in the sorority house as we are offered a bunch of different varieties of food but I know I can do it as long as I put my mind to it.

I am posting this on here because I want to be able to come back in June of 2021 and say I did it. Any and all support is greatly appreciated. Based on all of this, I want to ask you fellow friends if you have any advice or tips on what helped you achieve your goals.

Happy Holidays!:)

submitted by /u/goldenlover5000
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/kmukqi/i_am_going_to_get_into_the_best_shape_of_my_life/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...