Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: To anyone starting their weight loss journey tomorrow....

Thursday, December 31, 2020

To anyone starting their weight loss journey tomorrow....

I started 2020 at 268 lbs. I had a binge eating disorder. My typical day consisted of having McDonald's for breakfast. That consisted of two Sausage Egg Mcmuffins, hash browns, and a Coke. For lunch I would have Chicken Lo mein, or General Tso's. For dinner it would be a dozen wings, and a large pepperoni pizza. I would wash it down with a liter of soda. For dessert it was half a dozen doughnuts. I'm proud to say that I kicked my binge eating disorder, and I weighed in today at 198 lbs. I just want to share some of the things that I've learned over this past year. Hopefully some of these tips will help you.

To anyone starting their weight loss journey tomorrow, all I can say is to "believe in yourself", and that "you can do this". I know the journey may seem daunting. All I can say is take it one day, one bite at a time. Set small goals. It can be to lose 4 lbs a month, maybe it's 8, but make a small goal that you can reach every month. When you reach that goal, then reward yourself, preferably something non food related. For example: buy new jeans, or a new shirt.

Also, you're in control of what you put in your body. The turning point in my weight loss journey was the day I almost relapsed. I had a stressful few weeks, and I could feel myself slipping. I went to the local doughnut shop and bought have half a dozen doughnuts. I brought them back home, stared at them, and then I threw them away. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. It was an OMG moment that food didn't control my life anymore. The other thing that helped me is that I have a maintenance day once a week. On this day I eat a couple of slices of pizza, and I have a dessert.

While exercise and the gym have become my sanctuary, you don't have to exercise to lose weight. If you do want to start working out, then I suggest taking it really slow in the beginning. Even taking a fifteen minute walk around the block will end up making a significant difference. I also suggest investing in a food scale. I use my food scale for everything, from chicken to hamburger. Even if you eat healthy, but you go over maintenance, then you're still going to gain weight.

Finally, losing weight is more mental, than it is physical. My suggestion is to find your reason to lose weight. It can be to fit into a medium shirt, to run a 5k, or to simply live a better quality of life. On the days that you feel like quitting and throwing in the towel, then comeback to that reason. Remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. There will be days where you want to stop at McDonald's, or you're too tired for the gym, your reason will be the thing that makes you push through those tough days. Just remember that you got this.

submitted by /u/KinkaJac97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ko2dbi/to_anyone_starting_their_weight_loss_journey/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...