Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight loss support from family

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Weight loss support from family

This is my first time posting on this sub, hey all!

I had lost very significant weight (50 lbs) 2 years back but unfortunately put most of it back this year. I am currently weighing 217 lbs with my goal to get down to 197 lb in 12 weeks.

Not to use it as an excuse, but COVID really disrupted by workout regimen at the gym. I know some other folks maintained their weight better during quarantine, and I could have done better, but I feel 2020 was a life-changing year for me where my weight ended up not being my focus.

As I reflect on the year end, I am determined to lose weight again and have entered back into exercise and healthy eating habits.

My parents are very disappointed (and angry) in me that I have let them down. They are genuinely concerned about my health and all the overweight related diseases (diabetes, blood pressure). I am in my 20s. Their tone of voice on the phone has changed since they learnt i gained weight. I understand their anger and disappointment is coming from a place of deep love. In the past, they had several times tried to motivate me to lose weight and I have a track record of failing countless times until 2 years ago when I was successful..only to fail again and put on the weight. So they think I am repeating process all over again.

Are my parents justified in being angry and disappointed at me?

New year spirits have been low considering all this, but I just wanted to hear from other folks who experienced anything similar to me. Sometimes outside perspective is really welcome to gain perspective!

I really look forward to hearing from you all!

submitted by /u/VKohli
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ko22mg/weight_loss_support_from_family/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...