Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: New Years Gift to LoseIt: A spreadsheet that adapts to you.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Years Gift to LoseIt: A spreadsheet that adapts to you.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R4QnM-FM6XQn4MkmIywR-Y62nkNbmzV0/view?usp=sharing

I have used this spreadsheet to lose my weight initially, and have continued to update and improve on it over the years. I have used it to accurately estimate my TDEE and have learned a lot from using it. First, I have found that CICO is an extremely accurate representation of what is going on with me weight-wise. I used to have some doubts, what with plateaus, binges and my own estimations at what weight I should be at. I have learned that for me plateaus happen after long runs of losing weight faster than calculated and whooshes happen after long plateaus, just as the spreadsheet predicted. For me, the reason why I was losing weight slower the closer I got to goal was that I was not being as strict with my diet and exercise. And that my binges were not as bad as I believed they were -- usually.

On to the how-to:

Use the Calcs tab to calculate your BMI and TDEE at any age, height and weight. Fill in the DOB, weight and height numbers (in red font) in the correct section for your sex and metric/imperial preferences.

Use one of the next four tabs to start logging your daily calorie intake and exercise expenditure. Fill in the variables in red font. These include today's date, today's weight, calories and exercise numbers. Also, type in your date of birth and height. I have put in an activity multiplier to start you off with, but you can change this as you log so as to more closely predict your weight loss journey. I call this number the "slop" because it reflects your activity level, whether your weight loss app under or overestimates your food and exercise calories, whether you have a tendency to forget some calories or over or underestimate calories you cannot count, etc. This number will also be influenced by your percentage of muscle, how many calories you are using to cool off or heat up, etc, etc, etc.

For most of my weight loss journey the "projected weight" will be a couple of pounds higher than what the scale weight says. I attribute this to the initial water loss from loss of muscle glycogen, among other things. My weight would bounce up to this projected weight if I ate near my TDEE but went down again once I was back on the wagon.

Finally, the last tab is the Goals tab. This is optional and for you to fill out if you want to have daily goals. It doesn't even have to be weight related. Just something that you want to do consistently and incorporate into your life. Something that you want to get better at, and something that you will make you feel better about yourself. I believe in starting out slowly, so that even even a 1-5 minute effort will let you put a 1 in that day's checkbox. Fill in the first day's date (red font) on the day you want to start.

submitted by /u/Techie9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ko5m3a/new_years_gift_to_loseit_a_spreadsheet_that/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...