Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I don't know how to deal with stress

Thursday, December 3, 2020

I don't know how to deal with stress

I don't really know why I'm posting this, I guess I'm asking for help.

I've been losing weight steadily since December 24 last year. My progress has not been linear AT ALL, and I've had a few binges along the journey.

I binge eat when I'm stressed, and when I was at uni, that was almost a daily occurrence. Since I've been home because of the pandemic, my stress levels/commitments have decreased significantly, and I was able to really focus on my diet and exercise–enough to lose 20 pounds. However, the minute I feel stressed, I start to binge eat. Today I had an upsetting phone call, and immediately after I had some apple pie and ice cream. I just finished eating around 5 cookies. My stomach aches terribly.

Over this year long journey, I've had about one binge a month, but over the past 7 days, I've binge ate 3/7 days. The good thing is that I've developed a habit of consistently working out, and I haven't unintentionally missed a workout in 8 months, but this doesn't change the fact that I'm still binging to the point of feeling uncomfortable.

When I'm not stressed, everything is easy. Sticking to my calories, eating nutritious meals, drinking lots of water–it's so simple. But when things in life start piling up, everything goes to shit and I start to eat. It's not even uncontrollable because I consciously make a decision to eat. Before I eat anything, I remind myself, you will physically feel bad after eating this, and I make the 100% conscious decision to say "fuck it" and overeat.

I haven't gained any weight, I've been at a plateau for a few weeks. However, this stress eating is decreasing my confidence in my ability to maintain. I'm really worried I'm just going to gain everything back and go back to point blank. Every 5k, all the sweating and grunting, all the diligent tracking, all the healthy meals I've cooked and money I spent on nutritious food–12 months of work all in vain because I don't know how to deal with stress.

I don't know what to do.

submitted by /u/loneyLibInARedState
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k6det6/i_dont_know_how_to_deal_with_stress/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...