Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I was never a healthy eater/NSV

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

I was never a healthy eater/NSV

It wasn’t entirely my fault. I spent a few decades malnourished because my caretaker thought a crunch bar was fine to quell hunger pangs. Often.

So there was disordered eating that had to be dealt with, and aspects of my nutrition that went haywire once they finally had what they should’ve. I moved out eventually, but the coping mechanisms didn’t. I spent years learning how to cook, and that obviously meant taste testing. I went from 105-163. But learning to cook was a lesson I’d never take back. Even if those pie doughs and empanadas did a number on my body at the time.

I wish I’d been more athletic, better about what I put into my body, but after a lifetime in an abusive childhood and then long-term relationship, I forgot who I was. CICO changed me so much. I had been going to the gym for 2 years beforehand with no changes. But not only CICO did this, I recognized my relationship to food itself has changed. Fast food isn’t the option anymore. I have healthy snacks at home, veggies, fruits, nuts. My grocery shopping habits have changed. And even from when I’d love to cook, I never thought twice about “how do I lessen the fat/salt/sugar content in this food” while still hitting the notes I desire. I got so used to that addictive hit of “other food” I forgot I’m a skilled cook. I started on a bullet journal meal plan and I’m determined to come up with weeks worth of healthy, delicious meals that I crave and can tie into other meals I crave. I see it as a challenge. So this isn’t meant to be a part of this but I started at 163lbs, I’m at 119lbs now a year later. And for me it wasn’t the working out entirely, it wasn’t the CICO entirely: it was the shift of my relationship to food that did it. Because losing the weight is one thing but it’s a lifestyle change to maintain and keep it off.

submitted by /u/namesofpens
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/igsevo/i_was_never_a_healthy_eaternsv/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...