Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: unsupportive family with unrealistic weightloss expectations

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

unsupportive family with unrealistic weightloss expectations

SW: 308 CW: 288 GW: 170 23, 5’10”, female

Hi everyone! This is my first post here but I have been reading through so many of your posts and a lot of them have helped me greatly!

I was wondering if any of you have experience with unsupportive family? I recently told my mom that I lost 20lbs in 2 months. I was super excited to tell her only for her to respond with “That’s it? You should try harder. It’s probably because you have been eating whatever.” I am not restricting any food as I have a past history of eating disorders and I know I would just end up bingeing if I did that. I have been keeping a calorie deficit and working out so I can become healthier and have the weightloss be sustainable.

I feel like my parents care more about the short-term weightloss than me actively trying to become a healthier person. I have told them multiple times that I am not dieting but making lifestyle choices and they act like I’m stupid. Do any of you have suggestions on how to not get discouraged? If you also have unsupportive family members where do you get your support?

submitted by /u/crispycrabroll
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k533rg/unsupportive_family_with_unrealistic_weightloss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...