Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I just.. figured it out?

Thursday, December 3, 2020

I just.. figured it out?

Female, 5’7 (170cm), HW: 93kg (205lbs) CW: 71kg (156lbs)

Before & after

Measurements: Waist: From 98cm (38.5 inches) to 74cm(29 inches) Hips: From 111cm (43.7 inches) to 94cm (37 inches)

Before picture was taken three years ago. Had started uni in a foreign country, was miserable, lonely and depressed. Alcohol and takeout was my bffs for a couple of years.

I jumped on the ketowagon for a while in 2017, lost some water weight and felt a lot better. Didn’t take long until I fell off and gained it all back again. Continued doing fad diets for two years. Keto, low-carb, intermittent fasting and even tried going vegan. I was a mess, but for some reason I still got super motivated every other month to try again. It always failed ofc, and the number on the scale(if I even dared stepping on it) went up and down the same 10 ish kgs.

I was definitely in denial about it. Tried to justify the number, asking friends "guess my weight?! You would never think I’m over 90kgs, right?!". Telling myself I was just a little chubby. Wasn’t totally into the whole HAES movement, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the "stupid lying BMI chart" either.

In March this year, the country I lived in went into lockdown. I was still over 90kgs and felt like shit. It could’ve gone a really bad direction. But it didn’t. I really wish I had an amazing trick to tell you guys, but it just.. happened. I had just started keto again, but this time it didn’t feel right. I was SO SO SO tired of all the scrolling, research, recipes, motivational posts and videos that I went through every day for hours. For the first time in years I just KNEW this wouldn’t work, I had zero motivation. And from then on something clicked in my brain. I scrolled past all the diet subreddits and just tried to make better choices. Literally just did what I’ve always been told: eat less bread and pasta, fill up your plate with veggies, eat lean meat and proteins, skip all the butters and oils, don’t eat fast food and sugar so often etc. And omg it worked.

It. Just. Worked.

I didn’t do a drastic change. Day by day I just changed my habits slowly. I started liking greens again and I wasn’t as hungry all the time. I didn’t chug 4L of water everyday, I didn’t stop drinking alcohol during the weekends either and I have to be honest and say that the one true love in my life is still diet soda. <3 Pepsi Max <3 And for exercise, I just tried doing some low impact exercises on YT and if I felt sad/depressed/angsty/full from food, I went for a long walk. During the day or in the middle of the night. It helped my head a lot too.

I honestly think I needed to not think so much about it. Don’t plan everything. Not obsess over all the details of every diet and watch 10 videos a day about weightloss. The less I thought about it, the more I just gained control myself. I know it’s easy for me to say now, but fad diets did actually make it worse for me. For a while at least. I loved keto for the weightloss and anxiety reduction, but in the long run I got too caught up in it. This is of course my personal experience, keto and IF does wonders for a lot of people, don’t get me wrong. Just didn’t work for me.

I still have a lot of work ahead. I’m not done. I’ve been able to slowly lose more and more, but I can see and feel that I need to hit the gym. RIP butt, it totally gave up. So did my boobs. But so so worth it. I can’t believe I had so much water, fat and bloat in me. I feel so embarrased looking at old photos. I still struggle a lot with my body image as well. Brain hasn’t caught up with the weightloss yet. I can still see a lot of the pudge everywhere. And most days I still feel 93kgs. It sucks, but I’m hoping it will get better. Looking at pics like this helps a lot, so does measurements!! Please measure yourself!!

Such a cliché to say, but if I can do it, you can do it.

(I don’t even know why I’m making this post. I don’t have any answers. I think I’m just.. relieved that I’m finally a part of the B&A weightloss side of this group. It’s been so many years of failures and self-hatred. I feel proud in a way. It’s weird that weightloss has been such a HUGE part of my mind/life since puberty and now I’ve just figured it out. There was no miracle cure. I had to grow up and stop stressing about it)

Sending lots of love and motivation to all of you. I hope everyone will one day find what I’ve found; some peace with food. You all deserve to figure it out. You can do this ❤️

Any tips on where I should start when it comes to toning up is greatly appreciated btw! Gyms are closed here ofc

submitted by /u/FehkInsomnia
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k6asua/i_just_figured_it_out/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...