Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I think I’ve developed a food obsession

Thursday, December 3, 2020

I think I’ve developed a food obsession

And I’m not sure what to think of it. I don’t feel that it’s a bad thing necessarily, but I also think that any sort of obsession is inherently not really a good thing. When I say “food obsession” I mean:

I’m constantly thinking about food. Not in a bad way as if I’m always hungry/craving junk food, but in a way where I am always planning my next meal and how to make it healthy. I get so excited about planning what and when I’m going to eat.

I love counting calories. I’m constantly plugging numbers of different food combos into my calculator and using that to plan what/when I’m eating next to make sure I stay close to my daily limit. I already went ahead and planned out what I’m eating tomorrow and how many calories that’ll put me at for the day.

I genuinely get so excited to go grocery shopping. It’s probably the #1 thing I look forward to in my daily life. I just enjoy finding foods to buy and planning meals and exploring snack options. Don’t even get me started on Trader Joe’s.

Even beyond these, food is just always on my mind. I love watching food documentaries about healthy eating, about junk food, cooking shows, food-related shows like supersize vs super skinny, etc. I like googling random food/weight related topics and can search them for hours.

Altogether, I don’t believe that I’m doing anything specifically unhealthy; for example, I do like to count my calories but I don’t have a breakdown or anything if I go over my daily limit, which does happen fairly often, and I eat healthily since my food obsession leads me to making better food choices rather than binging on unhealthy items. Still, I feel like it probably isn’t good for something to be taking up my mind like this all the time, lol. At the same time, though, I enjoy it. I’m wondering if anyone else has experience with this and/or has any advice to give. I’m not convinced that I should even change anything for the time being since I like being obsessed, as silly as it sounds. It’s kind of like a lame hobby. But something in the back of my head is still saying probably not good!! Idk. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/_candlestick
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k5sctw/i_think_ive_developed_a_food_obsession/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...