Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Set it and forget it goals

Monday, March 2, 2020

Set it and forget it goals

I realized today that setting goals, then completely forgetting them gives me a pretty good motivation boost.

I have an app that I use that automatically saves and tracks progress from my weigh ins on my scale. I was 312 pounds at my heaviest a while back and with better eating habits, dropped to 270 for a bit and due to life in general stuck at that weight for a while. I set a goal for myself to reach 250 and when I constantly thought about it, getting down to that weight felt like a chore more so than a point to move towards. I did eventually hit that weight but after a lot of mental strain. After that, I used the app that tracks my weight to set a goal for 220 pounds (which was 10 pounds under what my drivers license says I am lol). But this time I set the goal in the app and didn’t think about it anymore. I focused on just eating well and being active. I found that I got very into exercising and focused on improving that rather than any specific weight goal. The eating changes became second nature and I just continued on with my routine and focused on myself and just enjoyed the ride. Fast forward to this morning, I weighed in at 217 pounds. I decided to look at my app and see how my weight trend has been going over the last 6 months and was surprised to see the graph dip below a goal line that I completely forgot was there! Seeing that I reached below this goal weight that I had, at this point, completely forgotten about made me realize how well things were working when I’m not stressing over hitting a magic number, but still having that goal to surprise myself in the future when I do actually hit it. Setting my next one to 190 to have some comfortable padding into Onederland and I’m now even more excited to progress!

submitted by /u/Jgray19
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fcnm0d/set_it_and_forget_it_goals/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...