Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Not losing physical pounds

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Not losing physical pounds

So I’m not super heavy, but I need to lose about 15 lbs. I haven’t been to the gym in a few years. My sister worked on getting me to join her gym for a year, and starting in January I finally did. It’s a CrossFit gym, super supportive, people of all ages/athletic abilities, it’s been perfect.

The downside? I haven’t lost a freakin pound! In fact, I’ve gained about 5 more. What’s weirder, is that I hate scales, I just usually measure myself. I’m down about an inch or so from each major area (waist, belly, hips, legs). So I’m obviously losing inches, my husband and co workers have mentioned that I look physically slimmer. My legs feel more muscular, my little bit of back fat is gone. It does hurt the psyche when I see a gain in the scale though. My face surprisingly hasn’t changed any shape (like getting slimmer) which tells me I’m not losing weight per se either.

I don’t count my calories strictly, but I do watch what I eat. I am suspecting that with me working out maybe I’m intaking more than I should, even if it’s healthier under the guise that I’m burning it. But then I wouldn’t be losing inches off my body, right?

Any idea what is going on? It’s just frustrating because I was hoping after 3 months I’d be down a few pounds, and on the contrary, I’m the heaviest I’ve been in over 10 years.

submitted by /u/teambagsundereyes
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fdlhmz/not_losing_physical_pounds/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...