Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My biggest NSV yet

Sunday, March 1, 2020

My biggest NSV yet

This feels like my biggest NSV yet

One year ago I was obese and regularly ordering portions for four and eat them all in in sitting.

This morning I went for a run with my boyfriend. It rained a bit and I didn’t have a sport hoodie with me. He told me to take one of his and I was mortified. I told him I prefer to run with just a T-shirt in the rain.

When he went to shower I tried on his hoodie. I was sure it wouldn’t fit me. It actually looks baggy on me. I can’t describe how happy I feel. Without the decision to change my lifestyle a year ago and the constant motivation from this sub I‘d never be here.

If you’re at the start of this journey: you can do it! In hindsight one of my biggest revelation was that I had a food addition. I certainly didn’t see that a year ago. Examples of common Characteristics Among Addictive Behaviors can be found here

https://www.indiana.edu/~engs/hints/addictiveb.html

All 10 characteristics summarised my relationship with food a year ago. But addictive behaviour can be broken. What worked for me was that I went for two weeks cold turkey. I ate no sugar, hardly any fat, no carbs and basically only super healthy things. Then I went for four months of 1,200-1,400 calories a day. Some carbs but not many, OCT oil in the morning, salad with minimal dressing everyday for lunch and nothing fried.

Also most important: I forgave myself when I fucked up. Unlike other addictions we still need to eat food everyday. Of course there where days where I fell back but if you want to be successfully in the long run you need to not let one day where you ate a whole dominos with sides let you stop from being back on a salad tomorrow.

Also a massive thanks to this wonderful community that kept me motivated with kind messages and their own success stories throughout the whole year x

submitted by /u/imnotagamergirl
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fbrfe9/my_biggest_nsv_yet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...