Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Trouble making it through the cold weather (as a runner) and the holidays

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Trouble making it through the cold weather (as a runner) and the holidays

I have lost 34 pounds in the last year. After not losing weight all summer I lost almost 14 of that since 10/22 of this year (in almost 6 weeks)

My challenge now that the weather is getting cold here in Maryland is exercise. The last 6 weeks most of my deficit has come from long runs.

I was running 6 to 8 miles a day while eating at around a 200 to 300 calorie a day deficit.

I burn 2,183 calories a day so I was averaging around 1,700 calories a day when I was running.

Of the 2 or so pounds I was losing a week only .6 of it was from eating at a deficit and the other 1.4 was from exercise.

Some days I’d even do a 5 mile run in the morning and 6 miles at night

My issue now is that I’m still pretty hungry since my body is used to the exercise, but with the cold and nasty weather I’m in a difficult position.

I’m literally fighting against my appetite.

The wind is what is making it hard to stay out as long as I need to on runs. I almost hurt myself today trying to run in the wind and only lasted 20 minutes when I was supposed to be out for 90.

Between Thanksgiving last Thursday when I ate 700 calories over maintenance, which I was ok with. I had a set plan for the week with that factored in to get to my two pounds lost but again it hinged on getting the required exercise in, which I’ve failed at because of the weather.

I’m just trying to figure out what to do as the weather gets colder and more blustery.

submitted by /u/thesonofnarcs
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k4zptf/trouble_making_it_through_the_cold_weather_as_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...