Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Starting this journey again and feeling super discouraged / struggling

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Starting this journey again and feeling super discouraged / struggling

Due to a combination of fertility treatments and working from home due to COVID, I've added about 18 pounds that I don't want. I'm 36, female, and 5'7". This morning (in clothes and shoes) I was 168lbs. Ideally, I'd like to be 145, but I'll settle for 150. The fertility treatments are continuing still, and massive doses of hormones are a bitch in terms of cravings. I have a serious chocolate / sweets problem.

Before I took the serious step of tracking my daily calories, I subbed soda for seltzer (0 calorie), and cut out all fast food and caffeine. My husband and I have made it a point to walk 1.5 to 2.5 miles every day it's not raining, and on rainy days, I use the elliptical we have for 30 minutes. The scale didn't move, so I downloaded the LoseIt app which puts me at 1380 calories per day and started tracking/measuring.

It's only been two days, and I've been under the calorie count, but I'm starving. I eat breakfast at 8am and by 10:30, I'm dizzy and in physical pain with super loud stomach grumbling. I hold off til lunch, but I can't concentrate for those 2 hours because I'm so miserable. After lunch, I'm satisfied for a bit, then starving again. I can't wait to eat just to make the room stop spinning. My blood sugar naturally runs low (I'm not diabetic) and I've been told by my endocrinologist to eat small meals often, but I don't have the calories in my budget to do that! I also find myself trying to save calories for the evening/dinner, so I'm afraid to eat anything because I don't want to run out of calories and then be forced to just have water for supper.

Last time I tried this (to get from 155 to 145), I found myself exercising at midnight to try to burn off enough calories to get below my count because I had cake at a birthday party and it put me over. (I did have some disordered eating as a young kid, so this feels really dangerous to me.)

What do I do? How do I make this work? I'm ready to toss in the towel and it's only been 48 hours! I can't imagine this as my "new" life, especially with 4-6 hours of dizziness and pain every day. Help!

submitted by /u/Flamingo_Lemon
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mxz0ed/starting_this_journey_again_and_feeling_super/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...