Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Should I be walking or jogging?

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Should I be walking or jogging?

So I'm trying to lose abdominal fat. Right now, I'm 19M, 5'9.5 @ 197 lbs with BMI of 28.7. Since I graduated high school almost two years ago, I've gained quite a bit of weight. Back then I was more active, since my school was so large (required a lot of walking), and in PE when we could choose different activities to do, I'd just walk the perimeter of the gym for 45 minutes, besides occasionally playing badminton, volleyball, or indoor soccer. I'm not sure exactly what my BMI was back then, but I estimate the lower 20s(?), or just slightly overweight if not within the normal range.

Aside from the recreational sports, I never really ran, ever. Just did lots of walking. I was never super slim, but I was a lot more than I am now. I've been using my treadmill more recently to try and get in shape for the summer, but I read that maybe my routine isn't doing for me what I think it should be.

I read that jogging/running is burning glycogen instead of fat, whereas walking burns more fat due to being lower-intensity. Is this true? It would explain why I was in such better shape back in high school. Like I said before, I never really ran outside of PE, and also my diet has hardly changed since back then. I really don't think my metabolism would have slowed down that much since then. Overall I think it's just that I've had less movement since starting college from home due to Covid.

The routine I was following for the treadmill was a modified C25K routine that I changed to fit me better (more sets, doing it more often). I've been capable of doing it, but am I just burning glycogen and not actually working towards my goal?

submitted by /u/SNRNXS
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mjmx1j/should_i_be_walking_or_jogging/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...