Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV - finally went shopping for the first time in two years!

Thursday, April 1, 2021

NSV - finally went shopping for the first time in two years!

Sorry for the formatting (on mobile) & first time poster

I’ve been trying to lose weight for the longest time. I don’t actually recall a year of my life I wasn’t trying to lose weight & was happy with myself. Well, a couple years back, a combination of university + relationship (the good kind!) + life in general led to a much bigger weight gain than I anticipated, mostly because I wasn’t bothering to keep myself in check about good habits and weighing myself regularly. I’d gained about 15-18kgs in the span of a year, with about 12 alone being in probably 6 months.

It’s taken me two years to lose 15kgs, 12 of which were in the past year. Intermittent fasting has helped, and fasted cardio for the last couple kilos.

I haven’t been shopping for the longest time because I never thought it was worth it to buy clothes when I would lose weight. (Really bad idea for your mental health btw.)

Recently, I decided that, even though I’m 3kgs away from my goal, I’d buy myself some jeans.

OMG. I have jeans that fit me sooooo well!! My old jeans don’t fit me at all, they’re like a diaper on me at this point and it does wonders to have a pair that hugs my curves and actually makes me look like I have a shape! Just for curiosity, I compared the size of my old jeans to my new ones and I am still trying to process the change (and to compare what I used to be in those jeans, tight & spilling out, vs. actually properly fitting my new pairs).

However, I still look in the mirror and focus on my insecurities, and nitpick. It’s not healthy. I know when I’d look at pictures of myself before (at this weight) I would think that I’m pretty. But I don’t see that anymore and it’s something I’m trying to work on.

For now, I’m going to maintain for the next month or so (just to get the hang of it) before doubling down and losing the last little bit. It’s the most stubborn weight I’ve ever encountered in my life and I just need a break at this point.

Anyway, if you’ve read this far, thank you. I’m learning to love myself but I also wanted to show that progress is progress, no matter how long it takes, and no matter how you measure it.

submitted by /u/ioanuhh
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/miatt0/nsv_finally_went_shopping_for_the_first_time_in/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...