Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: FAT LOSS JOURNEY ADVICE NEEDED!

Saturday, April 24, 2021

FAT LOSS JOURNEY ADVICE NEEDED!

Hello all, first and foremost if you're reading this I would like to say thank you for clicking on this. Showing some consideration always helps.

I am 16, 5'9, 180lbs(Goal is probably around 160lbs), workout 5-6 times a week in weightlifting/resistance and 2-3 days cardio, and desire to lose body fat. This is the first time I tried to lose weight and eat healthier so I'm quite new. One thing that I've noticed about myself, is I am very good at disciplining myself. I never have sugar cravings or any types of urges to eat throughout the day, even if I am eating at a deficit. For example, I completely cut out sodas, and sugary drinks, and it's been about a year since I did that, I did not once drink them(maybe over the top but those have 0 benefits to me so why drink them right?) My point here is, I have good self-control so I believe I got that part of the process done. Now that you have some backstory, I would like to start throwing some numbers at you. Also, deleting all forms of social media is worth it, especially if you're trying to reach a goal, there're too many distractions(I don't plan on going back lol).

I started to track my calories on March 28th, 2021 and I was around 194lbs then(Apr. 24 now), most of the weight that I lost was most definitely water weight. The first 2 weeks of me tracking my calories(in which I lost that weight) I was eating quite less than what I should've, around 1200 calories a day but now I am eating around 1900 - 2100 calories a day while doing the workouts which is ~500 - 600 calories less than what my maintenance is. One question that I have is will those lessened calories eaten in the first few weeks affect my metabolism adjusting to my deficit? I am worried about metabolic adaptation. I've heard taking diet breaks can help get around those weight loss plateaus, and I'm thinking of taking a 12-day diet break every 1.5 months of dieting. I just need some bare-bones FACTS and tips, I would appreciate that. I know I can do it, I am confident in myself, but I am truly ready to take feedback and tips from others. Once again this is the first time I am putting my all into nutrition and fitness, I want to make this a lifestyle but I just need the correct guidance, that's all.

Once again I appreciate you taking your time reading this, anything that might be helpful towards my fat loss journey would be AWESOME! Fuck yeah. If I left anything out, let me know I will respond asap. Thanks!!

P.S. I am eating healthy, high protein, no added sugar(only natural sugars in fruits and such).

No cookies, donuts, fast food, chips I simply cut those out and it was easy to stay off of them.

submitted by /u/fighttilldead
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/my0ik1/fat_loss_journey_advice_needed/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...